New Age Now Fundraiser
2nd Annual Fundraiser for The Green Lantern Press
Fri Dec 2 @ 6 PM – 12 AM
at Sector 2337 (2337 N Milwaukee Ave., Chicago IL 60647)
60s psychedelia meets 19th c. Spiritualism in New Age Now, the Second Annual Fundraiser for The Green Lantern Press. Celebrating its third year at Sector 2337, New Age Now includes a silent auction, a raffle, tarot card readings, poetry readings, and live music, plus conscious cocktails, a curated menu with artist-made appetizers, and additional drinks to suit cosmic needs. Funds raised help The Green Lantern Press support noncommercial art and literary events throughout the year, furthering its role as an artist-centric hub for cultural activities in Chicago.
– New Age Me (Entry + Tote Bag) $30 in advance / $35 at the door
– Wheel of Fortune ( Entry + 4 Raffle Tickets + Tote Bag) $40 in advance / $45 at the door
– Vibe Tech (Entry + 2 Raffle Tickets + 2 Drinks + Tote Bag) $50 in advance / $55 at the door
– Total Immersion (Entry + GLP Subscription* + 4 Raffle Tickets + 2 Drinks + Tote Bag) $100
– Moonlighter (Entry After 10PM) $15
– Telepath (Send support long distance and get GLP subscription* / Tote Bag / Sector newspaper bundle) $75
Silent Auction (6-10PM) features works by Claire Ashley, Rebecca Beachy, Rami George, Sofia Leiby, Heather Mekkelson, Michael Milano, Aay Preston-Myint, Mitsu Salmon, Edra Soto, Hui-min Tsen, Andrew Yang, and Philip von Zweck. Online bidding has begun here.
Mind / Body Raffle Drawings (6-10PM) include Marbled Mug by Leah Ball, Astrological Reading from Blair Bogin, Essential Acupuncture Initial Session Certificate, a voucher for accupuncture + body work from Five Poin Holistic Health, $50 gift certificate from The Gaslight, Jewelry by Rebecca Mir Grady, Thai Massage with Precious Jennings, Fitness Training package from Michael Moody, Living Botanical from Sprout Home, and a gift certificate to Tula Yoga; plus a selection of comics from Radiator Comics, publications from Kenning Editions, Comics by Marian Runk, jewelry by Sarah McGuire, and a gift certificate from The Green Lantern Press.
Transcendental Menu (7-10PM) provided by Brandon Alvendia, Rebecca Mir Grady, Alyssa Martinez, Eric May, Midnight Kitchen Projects, Kathleen Rooney, Edra Soto, and others.
Cosmic Cocktails (6-10PM) courtesy of CH Distillery
+ Sector’s beer/wine menu until (6PM-12AM)
Tarot Card Readings (6-8PM) by Evan Kleekamp
Poetry by Matthew Reed Corey (7pm) + Rodrigo Toscano (8:30PM) , curated by Jose-Luis Moctezuma
Live Music (10PM) curated by Patient Sounds
*2016 GLP Subscription package includes:
– Imperceptibly and Slowly Opening (explores the strange subjectivity of plants with authors like Kristina Chew, Ronald Johnson, Mark Payne, Brooke Holmes, Steven Shaviro, Monica Westin, and others) Winter 2016
– Shadowed! (Simone Forti, Hannah B. Higgins, Caroline Picard, Shawn Michelle Smith, Jeffrey Skoller, and others look at the work of Ellen Rothenberg) Spring 2017
– Institutional Garbage (captures the waste of imaginary and possibly Utopic institutions featuring various authors, artists, and curators culled from its affiliated online exhibition) Summer 2017
– + one book from the GLP catalogue (subscribers’ choice while supplies last)
See you there!